2012年2月3日 星期五

2012 澳網決賽 Time to reflect...

By Jim Courier 

"It’s hard to get my head wrapped around the physical effort I saw Sunday night in Melbourne, even a few days later. The tennis Novak and Rafa were able to summon late in the match boggles my mind. Ivan Lendl and I were talking about it Monday morning on our way back to the States, and both of us were shaking our heads and asking the same question: How could they possibly not cramp up out there? Ivan and I were known to be among the fittest of our time, but neither of us felt like we could have possibly made it through the way those guys did. It was a hot night (Novak changed his first shirt at the 30-minute mark) and the rallies were brutal from the get-go.

即使幾天過後,我還是無法理解決賽他們倆人的體力到底哪來的。Novak與Rafa比賽後段越打越好這點真是令我費解。Ivan Lendl與我回美國的路上有談到這個,我們都想不透並有著同樣的疑問:他們怎麼可能沒抽筋?Ivan跟我以前都以體力著名,但都不認為自己可以像他們那樣打。那晚很熱(Novak半小時就換了第一件球衣),一開始對抽更是激烈。

Whatever it is that these guys are drinking/eating on court, I want some immediately to stave off my jet lag."

不管他們場上喝或是吃啥,我想要一點來趕走我的時差疲勞。

weak public statement but we get it....

Yeah, we certainly did, didn't we? XDDD

沒有留言:

張貼留言