2009年11月11日 星期三

GOAT Columnist - Simon Reed

Murray the best in the world


It was great to see Andy Murray make a winning comeback in Valencia and I still believe he is the best tennis player in the world, that's not to say he's going to win a Grand Slam.

To come back in Valencia and win after all that time out is amazing, but until he wins a Grand Slam you have to regard him as being on a lesser level than the likes of Federer and Nadal.

I don't think Federer is the player he was, Nadal is not the player he was. Djokovic seems to be coming back and there are others coming up, Cilic is one, but I think they are all pretty level and you can't pick a number one.

But if you press me to pick a number one, you look at who has been the most consistent outside of slams and it is Andy Murray.

He has won six times now, but for us to truly believe he needs to win a Slam; I am sure that will come.

Heading to London fresh will help him and it will help him next year for the Australian Open.

Right now if you ask me who is going to win in London I would have to say Murray. He is the favourite for me.

Federer is not playing well, for Djokovic to beat him in Basel is a great result for Djokovic and Nadal is not quite there either after all his problems.

I see Andy Murray as the favourite to win in London, but not in Australia. He has to prove he can win a Grand Slam first.

London will be a great occasion and Murray will go there being lightly raced and then on to Australia. Australia is his ideal surface and it is a great chance for him - but as I say, he needs to prove he can do it on the big occasion.



He pretty much has surpassed Peter Bodo to become the GOAT columnist in my heart!

God this comment by sanchez.santos is genuis:

Nice one Simon, now let us await the savage marauders from across the brandenburg gate, lol. As my learned friend Herr Wilfrid told us twenty years ago when we were bleary eyed from four days of non-stop binging and dancing, you don't know yet what is coming your way, Herr Honnicker and Gorbachev are unleashing caged undesirables who will take more than a generation to civilise. How true my friend, as we now know only too well.


It mixed the current issue well!

沒有留言:

張貼留言